Followers

Monday, 16 May 2011

All things grow with love

This is a Clean and Simple card I made last year for a challenge on this blog

I love the ideas this Clean and Simple blog gives because you can whip cards up in next to no time.  I have no imagination and when it comes to deciding what card to make and how I should lay it out, I confuse myself so I always turn to the ideas here. This card took about 10 minutes to make.

Supplies:
  • Stamps - PTI Everyday Button Bits
  • Card - SU Whisper White, Old Olive
  • Ink - Old Olive
  • Extra - Buttons from stash, SU Scalloped edge punch, SU Piercer
Thought for today - I would love to be able to grow and look after plants but unfortunately, it's not one of my skills, basically because I forget to water my plants.  I do like plants and flowers but I do neglect them.  In fact when my mum came to visit me yesterday, she asked me if the plant in my bathroom was imitation because it was one I've had for a long time!  I was proud to be able to say it was actually real and one that I remembered to water every three months or so!
If we are to grow as Christians, we need to look after our spiritual selves and take care of our spiritual needs.  We cannot expect to 'grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour' if we never read our Bible or spend time in prayer with our Heavenly Father.  Once we ask the Lord Jesus Christ into our hearts to save us, He most certainly does, but we have our responsibility to be in daily contact with Him.  We need to drink in the words of life and the teachings of Christ which help us to grow and become stronger day by day; if we neglect our souls they will wither and become dry (like my plants) and will no longer show forth the beauty of Christ.
Let's try, from this moment on, if we are not already doing this, to drink from the precious well of life which springs up in God's holy Word with the result that when others look upon us, they should be able to see the beautiful flowers of grace and love extending from our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Your card is so pretty and I love your pink button flowers but more beautiful than that is the thought for the day. What a truth you spoke and I can never be reminded enough to water my life with the word of God. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!