Followers

Monday, 23 May 2011

New WMS Challenge

Good morning!  I have made this card for the Waltzingmouse Challenge # 48 over here.  All you have to do is make a card based on this sketch and using at least ONE WMS product.  I love sketches because I have no imagination but a sketch sets you off in the right direction.  So here is my effort - I thought I'd tie it in with the fact that the school year is almost over and people need to make thank you cards for teachers.


Supplies:
  • Stamps - WMS Blessed by You and Frame It; PTI Top Ten
  • Cardstock - SU Whisper White, Real Red
  • Ink - SU Real Red, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip; Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink
Thought for today - 'Teachers' - do you remember any favourite teachers from school days?  I have pretty good memories of most of my teachers, especially a couple who really stand out as decent teachers.  My P7 teacher was one of these, but it wasn't actually until a number of years later that I discovered he was a born-again Christian.  He was always a real gentleman when he taught me and he is the only teacher I ever remember who taught us from the Bible.
The Bible is also our teacher.  If we read from God's Word every day, we can learn very valuable life lessons.  When teachers teach us, we can take on board what they say and increase our knowledge or we can ignore it.  I also remember the man who taught me how to drive - he was an excellent instructor and gave me wise advice for the roads.  If I had chosen to ignore his advice, I could very easily have ended up in trouble or worse, in an accident.  God always gives us wise advice for daily living.  He doesn't force us to follow His advice, but it is for our good if we do.  The best and most important advice He gives us is to "trust in the Lord with all thine heart".  We will find that when we do this, we will have a peace that nobody or nothing else can give us.  God loves us and He doesn't want us to make a mess of our lives, so He leads and guides us in the right direction.  Our job is to be wise and follow Him.
may God bless you today as you be taught of the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. ACK!!! That is such a creative design with this sketch, loooove the apples! SO special for a teacher card at the end of the year, it will really warm her heart! And it's all stamped so perfectly but so much fun stuff to take in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great teacher card! love the apples and all the sentiments! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!