Followers

Saturday, 21 May 2011

You made my day!

My daughter was married in March and I made her stationery for her big day.  This is one of the thank you cards I made for one of the people who helped her out with making her day special.

Don't you just love the tiny easel I got to display my cards?  You can get these here. They are very reasonably priced.  These are some of my most favourite colours - pinks and browns.

Supplies:
  • Cardstock - SU Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla
  • Paper - sorry, can't remember!
  • Stamps - PTI All Booked Up, Tag-its #3, Flower Fusion #3
  • Ink - SU Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink
  • Extras - PTI felt and butterfly die
Thought for today - I don't know about you but I love to make someone's day - even if it's just sending them a little handmade card with true sentiments on it.  What does the saying "to make someone's day" actually mean? Well, it's very simple - it means to make someone happy or be a source of satisfaction to them.  They have taken the time to do something for us and we appreciate what they have done. 
I belong to a church where the people are extremely thoughtful and caring...in fact, I have never before met people who are so thoughtful.  Sometimes it is just the simple things they say that encourage me or little things they will do to help me out.  I can honestly say that they make my day on a regular basis.  They make me feel special and I am very thankful for them.
There was a man in the Bible who wasn't very popular or even liked.  He was a small, rich, selfish and greedy man, probably a man that most of us wouldn't have wanted to have anything to do with.  He may also have been a very lonely man, a man who wouldn't have known what it was to think '"that person really made my day"; that is, until the Lord Jesus passed through his town one day on His way to Jerusalem.  The town was Jericho and the man was Zacchaeus.  Up until that one day, Zacchaeus wasn't one for making people's days at all, in fact he was better known for 'taking' than 'making'.  However, the Lord Jesus had a better plan for Zacchaeus.  The Lord called to Zacchaeus when he was hiding in the sycamore tree and told him He was going to his house for tea.  Zacchaeus was thrilled and overjoyed because he had heard so much about this Man, the Saviour of the world.  After talking to the Lord, Zacchaeus realised that he was a sinner and he accepted the Lord Jesus as his Lord and Saviour.  It was on that very day that the Lord Jesus Christ 'made Zacchaeus' day'.  When Christ saved his soul from a lost eternity He made that the best day of Zacchaeus' life.  But also, Zacchaeus was able to make other peoples' day too because he gave them back all the money and property that he had stolen from them over the years.  He was a changed man, a new creature in Christ and as such, he did things differently.  No longer is his chief priority himself, but now he is concerned with doing things for other people.
Whose day could you make today?  A phone call, a letter, a card, some flowers - all go a long way to making someone's day just that wee bit better!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!