Followers

Saturday, 18 June 2011

Father's Day WMS style

This card is one I made for my daughter to give to her dad on Father's Day and I have used the WMS Challenge here to base my card layout on.  My chosen sketch is WMSC7. 



These card sketches are really clear and easy to follow.  This week's challenge is to use a sketch from over the past year, your choice.
I just received my newly ordered stamps from WMS this morning so was itching to ink them up.  I used the lovely 'Say it Loud' stamps that have a mish-mash of large and small fonts for variety.


Supplies:
  • Stamps - WMS 'Say it Loud'; Lily of the Valley
  • CS - SU Very Vanilla
  • Paper - Cosmo Cricket 'Togetherness'
  • Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa; SU Chocolate Chip
  • Extras - Copic Ciao markers, Nestabilities
Thought for the Week - Father's Day can be a happy time for many and also a sad time for those who no longer have their father with them.  I am truly thankful that, as a Christian, I have a loving, wise and gracious Heavenly Father, who only wants what is best for me.  Isaiah 9:6 says of the Lord Jesus Christ, the triune God that His names are "Wonderful, Counsellor, The might God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace".  The name 'Everlasting Father' literally means 'Father of Eternity' - He is the only one who can give His people eternal life.  Eternal life is not gained by going to church, paying into the church, being a good person, reading the Bible or even praying.  No, eternal life is a gift from God through the blessed finished work of Christ on the cross of Calvary.  As a heavenly Father, He gives us the best gift only He can give - peace in our hearts, sins forgiven and a heavenly home when we die. 
Is God your Heavenly Father today?  If not, all you have to do is turn from your sin and ask Him to forgive you and cleanse your heart from all sin and He promises that the person who comes to Him will never be turned away (John 6:37).

7 comments:

  1. Love the way you used the Say it Loud sentiments on this sweet card! The mix of coloring and paper-piecing is adorable on this card. Such a cheerful and cute WMSC card, thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet Father's Day card - I love the colours and the papers. A sweet image that you've coloured beautifully. It's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet image! love the way you used the sentiments - great colors on the background and banners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you took the time to visit my blog and leave such a lovely comment. It in turn gave me a chance to look at all your lovely creations.

    This is fantastic and one of my favorite images that I've yet to ink up. So thanks for the inspiration
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! Super adorable image and your use of the sentiments is fantastic!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment :-)

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen

    A fantastic card.

    Love your papers and that cute image.

    Fantastic use of the sketch.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so very sweet! fabulous card. love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!