Followers

Thursday, 7 July 2011

Flowers and pearls

Good morning!  Today's card is for a couple of challenges - Belles and Whistles and A Passion for Papertrey.  For the Belles and Whistles challenge we have to use flowers and pearls and, of course, an Elizabeth Bell image.  For the Passion for Papertrey challenge we have to incorporate a border and, of course, a PTI product.  Although there is a lot more work has gone into this card (compared with my usual preference of clean and simple), I much prefer it. More scope to be creative and colourful! I still haven't mastered the Copic colouring techniques, especially for hair and other shading, but I'll get there!   So here is my take on it!

Supplies:
  • Stamps - Belles and Whistles Girl Praying; PTI Just the Ticket; SU Always in my Thoughts
  • Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa; Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink; SU Rich Razzleberry
  • CS - SU Crumb Cake (aka Kraft), Whisper White
  • Paper - My Mind's Eye Happy Go Lucky
  • Extras - PTI Ticket die, Flower dies; SU Scallop border punch; Martha Stewart border doily punch; Nestabilities small circle die; Kaiserkraft Turquoise pearls; Felt (30% wool) 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen! Love the stamped image...so precious! :)

    Arlene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh isn't this just darling.... Such a beautiful card, and pretty papers. Thanks for playing along with us at Belles 'n Whistles.
    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh this is so pretty~ I love the colors on here and this sweet image! :) Thank you so much for joining us at BnW!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen this is so sweet!! I love the pretty color combo that you have used and this image is so sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Belles ad Whistles!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!