Followers

Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Purple passion and a book review

I liked the challenge over on A Passion for Papertrey so much that I thought I'd make another card incorporating a border because I really wanted to use this gorgeous paper Happy Go Lucky from My Mind's Eye.

This card was quick and easy to do and I have a border die from PTI that I have never used yet, so here is my chance now!

Don't you just love those bright colourful butterflies?

Supplies:
  • Stamps - PTI Tea for Two and Tea for Two Additions
  • CS - SU Crumb Cake (Kraft)
  • Ink - SU Night of Navy; Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink
  • Paper - My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky
  • Extras - PTI Large Scallop Border die, Teacup die, Tea for Two Collection die, Mat stack #2 die
Today I'd like to start an occasional book review.  Most, if not all the books I review will be Christian ones that I have read.  After a while, you'll start to see who my favourite authors are because I read every book they publish!

The first one is by Karen Kingsbury and it is called 'Shades of Blue'.  Karen always deals with the issues in her book with great sensitivity and care without losing any of the convictions she holds on the subject matter and without dishonouring God.  This one is about a young couple who are very much in love and have great plans for their future when tragedy strikes and their plans are shattered; it is also about the long journey they both have to take to find forgiveness.  This book is an excellent read; be prepared to use up a box of the old Kleenex before you finish it.  I'd really appreciate any comments you might have about whether or not you enjoyed this book.

God bless!






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! :) Love the way you stamped on the patterned paper.

    Arlene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!