Followers

Monday, 15 August 2011

Here is my offering for the following two challenges:

I didn't have exactly the right colours, but I used the nearest I had.

Supplies:
  • Stamps - SU A Tree for all seasons; WMS Say It Loud
  • CS - SU Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip
  • Ink - SU Chocolate chip, Brilliant Blue, Craft White
  • Extras - SU Markers, SU Window Punch, Nestabilities Large Scallop Square, PTI Large scallop edge
Thought for the Week - Following on from last week's thought, I want to look at Joseph, the godly character found in the book of Genesis.  In chapter 39, we are allowed a glimpse of some of the wonderful qualities that Joseph exemplifies and has inherited from some of his ancestors:
  1. He has the faith and faithfulness of Abraham, his great-grandfather.  The Lord was always with Joseph as He was with Abraham (whom God called His 'friend').
  2. He has the meekness of his grandfather Isaac, seen by the way he serves his masters sincerely and humbly.
  3. He has the energy and ability of his father Jacob, seen in the fact that every task he did, he did it as unto God and by being trustworthy.
  4. He has obviously inherited the outward beauty of his mother, Rachel; even when Potiphar's wife desired to be with Joseph, he didn't want to let God down and sin against him.
I think it is interesting to look back over the lives of our own relatives and ask ourselves, is there anybody in my family with godly characteristics that I would like to inherit?  Hopefully, you can honestly say that someone has been a good influence in your life and they have inspired you by their example.  I would have to say that someone is my mum - she is patient, gentle and never complains, even though she suffers a lot of pain.  I would hope that I would be able to display similar qualities in my life to those my mum shows.  Of course, the greatest example for us all is the Lord Jesus Christ.  When we get saved, we are born again of the Holy Spirit and we will, with God's grace, become more and more like our Saviour every day!

God bless and thanks for reading xx

6 comments:

  1. great card, love the layout, fabulous!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with that pink and chocolate color combination! Love the little tree in the scalloped square and the way you stamped the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with this week's WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely colour combination and very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute little card, thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin Challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' your card is very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on this weeks challenge, I love the little tree :-)
    Thanks for joining in at Simply Stampin' Challenges this week
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!