Followers

Thursday, 25 August 2011

Perfect hostess


We were invited up to visit life-long friends last week and I made this card for my friend, Rachael, who made us a fabulous dinner.  We don't get to see these friends very often but hubby and I were only just saying that they are good friends because they are always there for us.  Each time we meet up, we just pick up where we left off.  I used this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge to help me with this one.  Here's the sketch:


And here's my card:


The top picture is, obviously, the front of the card and the next one is the inside.  Again I used October Afternoon papers, this time 'The Thrift Shop', along with Waltzingmouse Stamps (Join Us and Teeny Trees).  The buttons are Stampin' Up! as is the ink (Real Red and Old Olive).  The olive ribbon was a freebie from Quixotic Paperie when I bought some things from them.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Love all the contrasting colors! Thanks for playing with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used that pretty leaf image! It looks so quaint with that October Afternoon paper! and those colorful buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Karen!
    Congratulations, you are a winner at our Clear Dollar Stamps blog hop!! Please contact Lori, the owner, to claim your prize: lori@cleardollarstamps.com

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. how did you do the sentiment inside? is it a stamp?

    by the way Congratulations!! You are a winner from the Clear Dollar Stamps blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful and charming!! Love how you framed the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, what a sweet card! I'm so grateful that you left a comment on my blog recently so I could follow you here to enjoy all YOUR beautiful creations. You have a wonderful blog, and I just love your style. Thank you for the sweet comment you left. I'm getting very excited about my trip to Ireland. Only a few days left and I'll be heading that way! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely papers and use of the sketch, thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty and I am glad that I wasn't the only one who thought of the Mat Stack #3 diecut for this sketch. I didn't end up using it, but yours turned out much better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!