Followers

Monday, 29 August 2011

Perfect Peace!

Isaiah chapter 26 verse 3: "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee".  In this troublesome, turbulent world that we live in, at times our minds can be overloaded to capacity; we can feel frayed around the edges and feel far from 'at peace'.  However, the Christian can have perfect peace no matter what is going on around him or her when he or she keeps their thoughts on the Lord God of Heaven.  Not always easy to do, I know, but when we take a few moments out of our busy schedules to reflect on the Saviour and what He has already done and will do for us, our hearts and minds can find a peace that only He can give.  I love this verse, so much so, that I have it coming on as a reminder on my mobile every morning at 10.00 am, just in case I have let myself get overwhelmed by the things of life.  (This is also why I called my blog 'Stampin' Perfect Peace').  Then last week I received my new Clear Dollar Stamps, which include this lovely verse.  I remembered that I had a few little wooden frames I bought last summer and a few minutes later I have this to set on my desk at work!  I have already entered a card for the Papertake Weekly Challenge but this frame will also do nicely as we have to use a die.
The lovely papers are from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist and the die is a Magnolia Doo Hickey Lovely Fence die from here.
If you have the peace of God that passeth all understanding, then thank the Lord for it.  There are people who would pay handsomely for such peace.  And if you don't and would like to have perfect peace, then simply put your trust in Christ the Saviour and He will forgive your sins and bless you more abundantly than you could ever imagine!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Karen! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen

    My apologies for my absence.

    I am finally on catching up duty.

    A great card. Loving the fence with the little hearts and the fabulous flower background. Both go with your sentiment really well.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!