Followers

Monday, 5 September 2011

Encouragement for the week ahead!

Hi there!  I hope you, my followers and any other readers, are doing well.  Thank you for keeping up to date with my posts and also a big thank you to those who take the time to comment.  From next week, I am going to start a weekly word of encouragement using the lovely book of Psalms in the Bible through my Thought for the Week.  At times, there are events that come across our paths that can discourage us in our daily life and in those periods it is good to go somewhere for sweet words of encouragement - and what better place to go to than the Psalms.  The majority of the Psalms were written by king David and there is no one in the Bible who needed strength and encouragement more than him.  He was constantly being attacked physically, verbally and spiritually from enemies all around him, even some from his own family, which must have been very distressing for him.  And where did he go to for help and strength?  To his Heavenly Father.  If we follow David's example that is where we will go too which is why I want to take a few pearls and gems from the book of Psalms on a weekly basis to try to help you too as we make our way through this pilgrim life to the beautiful celestial city.

Firstly, I'd like to show you a card I made for a lady who wanted to give it to a young girl who is going off to University soon.  I'm entering it in the Clearlyistamp Challenge which is to use patterned  paper.  Oh!  I nearly forgot to tell you...I won a prize for entering this challenge last week!  I quite like decorating the inside of my cards now too as long as it's not too much or too fussy so here is the outside and inside of the card.





The stamp is from My Favorite Things, coloured with Copics and the little sentiments are both from Clear
Dollar Stamps and ever so cute, I think.
The paper is Basic Grey's new Out of Print which has loads of different patterns with tiny background newspaper print on them.  I also used a matching brad.

Thanks for looking and please check in again next week as we start our journey of encouragement together!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen

    This is the perfect card for someone going off to university .. .. all of those books to be looking at and studying!!

    Gorgeous backing papers too.

    I hope the young lady does well in her chosen subject.

    Congratulations on your win by the way!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the perfect card for a new college student. A little grown up but not too grown up and tons of books....yep that's college!!

    Glad you played with us AGAIN. The new challenge was posted today so hope you will come over and play again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!