Followers

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Dotty aqua birdie

This card was made for the Less is More Challenge which is to produce a clean and simple card using the colour AQUA.  This is not a colour I would normally reach for first but I do think it went well on this paper-pieced bird.  The papers are from Papertrey Ink, the base card is from Little Claire Designs and the stamps are from Purple Onion Designs (these stamps are from USA but the postage is only about £6.00 / $10).  You can't really see it clearly from the photo but the little bird's beak, feathery tail and legs are coloured with glittery Spica pens and its eye is a black pearl (3mm) to give it a more 3D effect.


Thought for the Week
Psalm 7.  'Oh LORD my God, in Thee do I put my trust' - I remember at Christmastime watching Miracle on 34th Street with my daughter and husband and this was what the lawyer brought out at the end of the film; on the dollar bill it said 'In God we trust'.  How many people say this but do not actually mean it?  If we trust in God, that means for the small things as well as the big.  I trust in the Lord for every aspect of my life and if, sometimes, I forget to, I ask Him to help me trust Him more.  Some people trust in their wealth, popularity or intelligence, but at the end of the day, these things will all fail us.  But thankfully, God will never fail His people.  I trust in Him for salvation and I will trust Him to take care of me for the rest of my life, no matter how long or short a time that may be; and I trust Him to finally take me to heaven someday to be with Him for ever.  Search out your own heart today - what are you trusting in?

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is really cute! I've never tried paper piecing, should really give it a go! Thanks for your kind comments, I never really think I have a style, try to do to much I suppose, but I do have a soft spot for clean and simple.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this stamp! your card is so sweet. love cas designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little cutie thatbirdie is
    Super spalsh of aqua
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a cutie!
    I love this bird!
    Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next time.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card, that little bird is super. Have enjoyed visiting your blog.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your cute birdie card! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little paper pieced bird. This is a sweet card. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and I LOVE your bird image

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!