Followers

Monday, 9 April 2012

Happy Easter Monday!

The weather is not so good today - windy, cool and it looks like the rain may be about to come down soon!  So, what better day than to make a card or two!  I don't usually make Easter cards but I got a lovely stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps and just had to make a few cards for family and other special people.  I especially like the sentiment 'He is Risen' because that is indeed why we celebrate Easter.  It's not about the eggs or the bunnies...it's about the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ rose again on the third day after His crucifixion, thus conquering sin and death!  For the Christian, there is that glorious hope that one day, we too who are redeemed by the blood of Christ, will be resurrected and taken to heaven to live with Him for evermore.

So here is what I have made.

The flowers are something I have only recently bought and I just love them.  They are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I learnt about them from the blog of this very talented lady, Bev Rochester. I think the flowers add a really lovely touch to a card and make it look more full.

Enjoy the rest of your Easter break, if you're having one, and think about the true meaning of Easter.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, the shape and papers are fab and the flowers compliment it perfectly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen

    A truly beautiful Easter card .. .. I love what you have done here.

    I hope you have had a good Easter break.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, Glad you left me a message, now I found you! Love this shaped egg - brilliant idea! I love the embellishments and the layered egg on top!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!