Followers

Sunday, 22 April 2012

Sympathy card

Hi all, and welcome to my new followers who have joined me over the last couple of weeks! 

I went back to work last week after being off for almost two weeks for the Easter break and during that time I blogged almost every day but with being back at work I am usually only able to manage once a week (at least you'll not get bored with hearing from me all the time!!).

The card that I have for you this week is a sympathy card for a friend who lost her sister suddenly.  I always try to keep my sympathy cards understated as it is more about the sentiment than the image or embellishments.

The paper is one of my favourites - My Mind's Eye and the little heart is one of the two from Tim Holtz.  The sentiment is from Clear Dollar Stamps.
I am entering this into the weekly challenge at Word Art Wednesday, where they like you to use a verse from Scripture or an encouraging or inspirational saying.
I am also entering it into Little Birdie Blessings (Scripture Thursday Challenge) which, this week has the theme of casting your cares upon the Lord.

Thought for the Week.
Psalm 10

This Psalm is a cry for help from one who is suffering persecution and who is being attacked by the enemy.  For the Christian today, this attack could be from someone you know personally or from a group of people or it could be an attack from the devil himself in the form of doubts about your salvation and about the love of God to you. 
In verse 16 there is a shout of victory because whatever happens to the Christian, God sees it all and will take action and help us in His good and perfect time.  "The LORD is King for ever and ever".  He is almighty, omnipotent, all-seeing and all-knowing...even though we may feel that God doesn't know about our sufferings, we can be assured that He does and He will act, in His perfect time.  Verses 17 and 18 say, "LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:
To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress."

God bless you!

11 comments:

  1. I recognize those beautiful My Mind's Eye papers - one of my favorite lines! This verse is my Mom's very favorite, so always makes me think of her and smile. Thanks for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings,
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is a lovely card. I never tire from hearing all the wonderful encouraging Scriptures God provides us with from His word. Thank you for linking this to Scripture Thursday. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sympathy card, these are always so hard to do and you have done a fab job.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. really pretty sympathy card Karen

    see you soon

    toodles

    hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful, simple card...so gentle and meaningful...perfect for sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the papers and passage you've chosen! Great twine touch to your heart! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen

    Such difficult cards to make and to send .. .. but you have done a beautiful of it here.

    Love the finished look.

    I hope there isn't too much work piled up for you on your return.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Card.

    Thanks for playing along with WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the beautiful simplicity of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Karen. Very simple but with such a lovely verse. Luv & Hugs, Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the simplicity of this card, Karen! That paper the heart is cut from is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!