Followers

Thursday, 24 May 2012

Washi tape and felt!

Hi, just a quick post tonight as I want to get this little box in for the WMS blog party for tomorrow.  Waltzingmouse want us to make a card, scrapbook page or 3D item using felt, so as I had recently bought this rolled flower die and hadn't had a chance to use it, this was the perfect opportunity.  My friend in work isn't well at the moment so I wanted to make her a little gift box with some chocolates inside. 



I bought the box here at Pipii's; there are some really lovely items to be found here that are hard to get elsewhere.  The little borders are my new 'lovely thing to have' - washi tape!  It's rice paper from Japan that comes in assortment of sizes and patterns.  I got mine from a Scottish company called Angel Crafts, and they have about 148 different tapes to choose from at very reasonable prices.  The stamps I used are from WMS.  The little flower die is from My Favourite Things and the leaf die is Marianne Createables.  The felt is from my stash.

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, such a pretty box to open! Love the beautiful soft felt flower and leaves you have made, just gorgeous Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box, Karen! Love your felt flower with the leaf and the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift for your friend! your flower and leaf are so pretty on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute embellishment to put on your sweet little decorated box. I am seeing that Washi tape all over the place lately, you used yours so nicely along with the rolled felt flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a thoughtful and tasteful gift! REally pretty colours and I adore the rolled rose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am a big collector of Washi tape. It's my new favorite thing...I just need to start using it instead of just adoring it. LOL. Your box is a wonderful example of just how much fun a box can be. Your felt flower and leaves are just divine, and are such a wonderful compliment to this lovely Washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, what a beautiful gift for your friend, you are just so sweet. I love the pink flower on top with the pearl center, so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, your box is SO Gorgeous and such a beautiful design. Love the rolled felt flower and the leaves. Your friend is going to LOVE this thoughtful gift. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful gift presentation Karen! Love the felt rolled blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your rolled flower is perfect and I love that cute gift box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute present, I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet box!!! So pretty and beautiful!
    Wishing you a great week-end, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. That beautiful rolled felt flower is perfection! So pretty for a special gift!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This gift box is adorable! I love the felt flower and that tape couldn't match more perfectly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an absolutely adorable box!!
    And that felt flower...yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty gift box! Love your washi tape, I'll have to add some to my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely friend you are, the gift box is so very pretty - you have embellished it perfectly :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely box - I love the gorgeous felt flower! Thanks for your lovely comments on my Jubilee beacon photos. Looks like you may not be too far away from me.... Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!