Followers

Saturday, 9 June 2012

Baby boom!

Hi there!  We have had a bit of a baby boom in church recently and the new babies are almost all boys!  We have had a Noah, a Jonah, an Elijah and a Henry!!  Here are two cards I made for the last two and I am entering them into Die-Ing for A Challenge this month.  The challenge is to use 'dies' from the Dies to Die For store.  I get loads of my supplies from Tracy here and her service is excellent.  I have been shopping with her for ages now and have never had a problem.




The alphabet stamps are Doodlebug and the little Congrats sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps, a company here in Northern Ireland.

I also have a sweet little card I made for my daughter who most absolutely makes me smile all the time; in fact she makes me almost bend in double with laughter!  I always tell her she is a tonic and should be bottled and sold!!



The stem and sentiment are from Papertrey Ink, as is the little flower die and the two buttons on the ribbon.  The button on the flower, the ribbon and the punch I used for the scalloped edge are all Stampin' Up!  I used green washi tape from Angel Crafts to make the little frilled border by attaching it to a length of olive green ribbon.
I am entering this card into the challenge over at The Ribbon Girl, which is to use ribbon or lace.

Thought for the Week
Since we have had this recent baby boom, I thought I'd check what the Bible says about babies.  1 Peter 2:2 says that, like newborn babies, we are to 'desire the sincere milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby'.  All new babies need milk to survive and Peter here is referring to the fact that when we get saved and become new babes in our new faith, then we desperately need to feed on the Word of God so that we can grow and become strong.  We need to learn what God teaches from His Book and we need to read the Bible every day.  A new baby doesn't just take milk every other day or once a week; he or she needs their milk every single day.  In fact we wouldn't even consider not giving them their milk.  It is the same with our faith - we need to read, to learn and to grow!

God bless you this week!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Karen - your card with the green ribbon on is very pretty - thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl card challenge to add ribbon or lace, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Karen :o) Thanks for entering the challenge :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation sweetie, looks fabulous, thank you for joining us at Die-ing for a challenge this time ♥ Pops x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!