Followers

Thursday, 14 June 2012

Sketch Saturday #211 and Passion for Promarkers #153

Hi again and welcome to Sue, my new follower!  I have another card for you today which I made following the sketch from the Sketch Saturday Challenge and also taking the theme from Passion for Promarkers which is to use at least three layers.  Sometimes I find sketches really difficult and then at other times I love them because they get my imagination spurred on!  Last year I bought quite a lot of Copic Ciao markers because I love the look of them when they are used to colour in lovely images, but unfortunately, I just couldn't get the hang of them...so I sold them all.  Then I discovered Promarkers and find them so much easier to use...I think it's the fact that the nib is quite solid whereas the Copics are more brushlike.  Anyway, the Promarkers are great and I got this cute little image the other day and couldn't wait to colour her in.  This image is by Lori Boyd called 'Lollipops'.  What I decided to do was to match up my paper pads (My Mind's Eye - Blink of an Eye) with the Promarkers so that I wouldn't have to keep trying to remember which colours go with which paper and I wrote them on the back and now I know exactly what colours match.  I had to practise a few times how to colour and blend properly but I am really pleased with the result here.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. It IS beautifully colored!! Great shading and you've chosen the perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet! I love Lori's images and this one is coloured to perfection! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your card! The image used is so cute and your coloring is fab!!! Thanks for joining our challenge at PFP:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my "lots of layers" challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!