Followers

Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Girly Card

Hello friends and fellow crafters!
Today's card is for The Ribbon Girls' challenge, which is to create a 'girly card'.  I got this digital image a few weeks ago from Pink Petticoat - these images come in singles or as part of a set.  Isn't it cute?  It was a simple card to do because the sentiment comes with it (although you have the option on the digi download not to use a sentiment), so all I had to do was to add some pastel colours.  I used my Promarkers - Pale Pink, Cocktail Pink, Pastel Green and Soft Green. I added the little close-up pic because I wanted you to be able to see the glitter on the frills and the flowers.



Thought for the Week
(Luke 8)

I was reading my Bible a short while ago and the story was about the disciples being out in the boat when an awful storm arose.  The Lord Jesus Christ had been healing many people and changing lives and He had fallen asleep in the boat.  The disciples looked around and panicked when they saw the storm, thinking they were going to die.  They awakened the Lord from His sleep and He immediately calmed the storm and the disciples' fears.
I realised from reading this that we are very often like the disciples, especially when we look around at our circumstances and begin to get afraid and panic.  We forget that the Lord is in control of every situation, even when it might seem like He is unaware of what is happening.  I need to try to focus less on my circumstances and myself, and remember that the Lord knows everything and only allows some things to happen to test my faith and to help me to rely more on Him.
Whatever your storm is today or in the coming days, remember that with Christ in the vessel (ie in your heart) you can sail through even the roughest tempest with Him in control.  Rest in the Lord for salvation and peace in difficult times.

God bless!

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card - you've brightened my day too - the message in the passage above is so reassuring isn't it, thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl card challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Kim. And, a beautiful reminder to all of us. It reminds me of the song: Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus; trust and obey. Learning to trust with our hearts when our eyes can't see. Relying on the One who is in control.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!