Followers

Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Hugs to you!

Hi friends!  Thanks for popping by.  Today I have only a quick post as things are quite busy here at the minute.  I am using WMS Sketch challenge #105 for this card, which was quite easy and I enjoyed this layout.  The papers are My Mind's Eye On the Sunny Side and the stamps are Teeny Trees from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  If you look closely (which actually maybe isn't a good idea!) you'll see I have done some stitching around the edge of some of the card.  The machine took off at high speed before I could control it, hence the tiny stitches on the right side!!  My hubby bought me a little cheap machine at Christmastime last year just for cards but I can't get the hang of it as the thread keeps breaking.  Either the tension is too tight (I have it on the loosest gauge now) or the thread is too thin.  Any tips would be welcome, as I really do like the look of stitching on cards and some people are so good at it.  Another thing I'm disappointed about is the fact that the lighting at my house never seems to be great for taking photos of my cards.  Anyway, it could be worse!

WMSC105

Thanks for looking!


8 comments:

  1. I do like the papers and sweet stamped panel. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and that tree is just too cute. I have that set in my cart right now. What a clever idea you had by adding that sweet little bird on one of the limbs. Just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card! Love the stitching, it doesn't have to be straight, this is much nicer! Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and just received Teeny Trees myself...mmmm... Need to play as I really like this set!! Not sure what machine you are using to stitch so, it's hard to give tips. I do know when I stitch on cards, sometimes you have to turn the hand wheel and not use the foot pedal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on our sketch! Love the pp and great stamping. Thanks for playing with us at WMSC, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the teeny trees set and your card is really bright and chirpy. The stitching adds character!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!!
    Those papers are perfect with those Teeny Trees...
    love those colors!
    Such a great take on the sketch and so glad you could play with us this week at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. super adorable card, so glad you played along with us at WM!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!