Followers

Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Question - sober or not?

Good evening friends!  I was at my mum's house today and we had a good laugh about one of my cards yesterday!  This is the one with the stitched circles.   Anyway, she asked me was that the way the stitching was meant to be, all higgeldy-piggeldy, as if I was drunk when I did it!  Well, for one I don't drink so I was definitely sober and 'compos mentis' when I did it; and secondly, I really did mean for it to look like this - as I told her I'd seen it done somewhere else before and thought it looked great!  She even told this all to her neighbour and could hardly speak to her for laughing!  Then she gave me advice about how to do proper circles and mark it with a pencil!  Well, I'm glad to know that my cards cause such free entertainment, if nothing else!!!
So, onto today's card.  This card is for The Ribbon Girl Challenge - use aqua, blue and teracotta.  I am also entering it into Meljen Designs Challenge which is to make a card for a birthday.  Well, I have slightly altered the thought behind this because I would say this card is for a New Birth Day!  So I used a cute little laundry line from Meljen Designs (digi stamp) and coloured it with my Promarkers.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.



Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Mothers! My mom was an avid cardmaker and lived just a couple of miles from us. We definitely had our "what were you thinking?" moments. I just hope she never shared with the neighbors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely clean and simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen - so funny to read your note about your Mum commens - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!