Followers

Saturday, 27 October 2012

Autumn blessing!

Hello friends and followers, especially to my two recent new followers, Bridget and Debbie!
Here in Northern Ireland it is really cold today but it is very sunny and dry and a beautiful autumn day!  Remember, the clocks go back one hour tonight so the good news is that we get an extra hour in bed tomorrow but the not-so-good news is that the evenings will soon become a lot darker earlier.

Today's card is for my daughter just because she is 'what it says on the card'!  She popped in to see me this morning for a chat and a cuppa and she just brightened my day.  As you can see (if you've been looking at my recent other blog posts), I do love the embossing folder with the dots and frame and it fits so many of the sentiment stamps I have.  I love this wide ribbon from Stampin' Up! and the Pumpkin Pie colour.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

I am trying really hard to improve the look of my photographs but just never seem to be able to get them exactly as I'd like (I think it's because I don't have a lot of natural light coming into the house), but I'm pleased with this one.



I have a sad task ahead of me now, as I'm going to make a sympathy card for the family of the young British female soldier who was killed in Afghanistan this week.  We knew this family from when we used to live near them and the young woman went to the same school as my children.  A very sad and tragic loss.

God bless you today.

5 comments:

  1. The embossing folder is very nice and I love that you have paired it with the wide ribbon and the simple little leaf.

    I am sorry for the task ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card, I love it.
    Have you thought of entering this card into the Diva's by Design challenge blog where the theme is use orange.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,

    Thanks for taking the time to comment on my card a few days ago and just want to know how much I appreciate that you just didn't visit for a bit but took the time to read on some of my post. Yes, I love the Lord Jesus and in everything I do, I want Him to receive the glory. I am happy to have met lots of Christian crafters online. Hope you come and visit me again. And oh, this card you have here is awesome. Like you, I live to emboss.---Hugs and blessing in Christ, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen ... this is such a lovely card and what a wonderful sentiment with it too. I'm so sorry you have such a sad task ahead of you ... Anita in France

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that wee folder you're using :) stunning card as always. Such sad news, we're thankful that my nephew is home at the minute but another tour planned for next year. Hope your Mum is doing ok xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!