Followers

Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Count your many blessings...

We have so many things to be thankful for in life, and when we look around us or listen to the news, we always hear of someone who doesn't have as much as we have.  I heard a saying once that was very thought-provoking - 'Count your blessings by what you have not by what you don't have'.

Today's card is one I made for someone who gave me and my husband a gift for our silver anniversary.  I used the same leaves (Joy Crafts) on yesterday's card (which I first saw over here on Bridget's blog) but I think they are so cute, I had to use them again!  The dotty framed card was done using a Sizzix bookplate embossing folder and then I added some jute from The Ribbon Girls.  I added a little leaf and sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps, called Blessed by You.  Then I added some embossed leaves in various colours to the jute.  Voila!

I am entering this card into three challenges:
Thanks for looking and may the Lord be your blessing today!

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, karen. I love the pressure embossing and the fall leaves. Such a simple and elegant card. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday, and for being a blessing and an encouragement to all of us! Have a great week, and we hope to see you again very soon.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love all the texture and white on white! The pop of colour from your pretty leaves is wonderful!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, this is clean and simple perfection. The leaves just popped up from that wonderful embossed base card. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday.

    Hugs always,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. I saw this on Word Art Wednesday and just had to come for a closer look!! The leaves just pop against the white!!! Love the embossing and will have too look for that word place embossing folder!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful, Karen!! I LOVE dry embossing so this really caught my eye!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I've really enjoyed your creations and your sweet testimony on your posts! I'm your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is gorgeous! Those beautiful leaves against the white embossing really pop!! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that embossed frame nestled in the dotty embossed background! The pop of colour of the leaves looks great against the white background. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    Lovly blog, I love your work, very beautifull card, so gentle. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a nice weekend.
    From Slovenija with love Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully embossed - looks very elegant - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!