Followers

Saturday, 13 October 2012

Glad tidings!

Well, it has been quite a while since I last posted on my blog, a couple of months in fact, but here I am hopefully on the ball again!  I have missed posting on my blog so I will try to bemore regular with it.

One of my favourite challenges that I have especially missed doing is CASology. This week the cue word is - 


The girls on the challenge always say that we shouldn't feel restricted to the word itself but to what it conjures up in our mind.  For me, leaf means 'tree' and at this season, especially, Christmas trees.  I got this lovely 'Modern Landscape' Memory Box die and haven't had an excuse to use it yet so it was perfect for this challenge, I felt.  I also used a Swiss Dots embossing folder to add a little dimension.  The embossed sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps.



Thought for the Week.
So what does the Bible have to say about a 'leaf'?

There are not many references to 'leaf' in the singular but one of them is from a favourite passage of mine, Psalm 1.  This Psalm has always been a source of comfort and help to many Christians.  In verse 3 we read -
'his leaf also shall not wither'.  This is referring to the man, woman, boy or girl who has put their trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour and who will always grow and flourish as long as they stay close to Him. Christians, the Bible says, are like a tree that is planted beside a river where there will be plenty of water and nourishment to spiritual promote growth and health.  we should keep in close communion with our God, reading His Word and talking to Him on a daily basis, and then we will 'bring forth fruit', meaning we will become more like our Saviour and hopefully lead others to know Him too.

God bless you this week! 

4 comments:

  1. I just love this Memory Box die and what a great idea to emboss the foreground ... it's a lovely card. Bon Dimanche ... Anita in France

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic interpretation of the cue word!! so glad to see you back playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, simple Christmas card - love the 'snow' - how clever to use the embossing folder this way! Glad you're back to blogging - looking forward to seeing more of your work again soon! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully clean and simple in soft green and crisp white, Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!