Followers

Saturday, 5 January 2013

Happy 2013!

Hello friends and welcome into 2013.
It's a brand new year, with brand new experiences and opportunities for all of us.  Life is short and this year I want to savour every moment of it, with special emphasis on family and friends.  I have a small family but what we lack in quantity we make up for in quality!  I have decided that, this year, I'd like to document more of the good times with friends and family so I am going to be using the new Simple Stories Journalling system, along with other products such as Stampin' Up!  I'm not the best person in the world at taking photos, so I'll probably only add a few of those but there will be lots of journalling and writing down of thoughts and special times...these won't really be for anybody to look at, just for me, but I like the thought of having these special memories recorded for me to look back on and to be thankful for.

Today I have a project for the Casology Challenge #25 where the cue word is NEW.



My project is a bit different than usual because it is a notebook, not a card.  Each year when I read my Bible, I try to take notes and write down things I'd like to remember.  I bought a couple of plain kraft notebooks from Paperchase and decorated the front with papers (PTI), die cuts (Memory Box) and some stamping (PTI).  So my plain book went from this -
to this!


Thought for the Week
So, what does the Bible have to say about the word 'NEW'? 
Lots of things, thankfully!  But, of course, I'll just focus on one.
In Lamentations 3 the prophet Jeremiah has been suffering and is very cast down.  He talks about the awful things that have been happening to him and how he feels things have been bearing down on him very heavily.  I'm sure most of us can identify with times when we have felt this weighed down by the trials of life.  However, it is not all doom and gloom.  In Lamentations 3:22,23 we read these wonderful words of hope and a future!

"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. 
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness".

So dear friend, if you have the Lord in your heart as your personal Saviour, remember, when you feel that things have become unbearable and just too much for you to cope with, the Lord is compassionate every single day.  His faithfulness is 'great'.  He loves you and wants you to know that each morning when you wake up and feel that it is almost too difficult to face another day, He will be there by your side pouring out His tender compassion upon you like a fresh shower as you make your way through the day.  Take time to dwell upon all the wonderful things He does for you and gives you each day, then your heart will be full of love for Him.
This is one of the reasons why I like to record my blessings because on days when things are difficult, it helps to look back and see how the lord has helped me in the past.  But it is better than that, because the Lord doesn't expect us just to survive on past blessings...no, He gives us new ones every day!

Thanks for visiting today and may the Lord bless your heart this week!

10 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful project - I love how you've decorated the front of your journal. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great colour palette! I think this will be a notebook you will use often! Thanks for joining in on the fun this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen :) love your Bible journal :) just popped over to say "hi" and also im from Northern Ireland and also a Christian :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such restful colours for your journal ... what additional joy you'll have picking it up every day! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cover you created! Thanks for playing along with CAsology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen :) thanks for stopping by :)
    I got "Jesus Loves you" stamp from ....

    www.stampingallday.co.uk

    they stamp really crisp and service is 100%
    I got a few more stamps from this lady and delighted with them all :)

    Have a lovely Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  7. your journal is just lovely with all the fun die cuts... thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week and for sharing that wonderful verse! great is the Lord's faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post...such a great reminder that each day brings new hope! Your Bible Study journal cover is perfectly CAS...great for the new year, too! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful (and OH, so true) post reminding us of God's goodness towards us. I am always blessed to stop by and say hello. I hope that you will stop back by Word Art Wednesday soon to play along in our challenge (when you make art) and to fellowship with us. We enjoy having you visit!
    Have a blessed week in the Lord!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your notebook is so beautiful and such a pretty way to keep your memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!