Followers

Saturday, 12 January 2013

It's Winter!

Hello friends and bloggers!
Today I have two cards for you, both for the same two challenges.  One is for the CASology Challenge using the cue word 'WINTER' and the other is using the sketch provided over at
CAS(E) This Sketch.  These two challenges are my favourites at the minute as I am in clean and simple mode.
Both of my cards were very quickly done using Prickley Pear stamps and Bashful Blue SU! ink.  On the 'Let it Snow' card I have also added some Liquid Pearls for dimension.  Not much to it, really, but at the minute I don't have much time either!



Thought for the Week.

So, now, what do the Scriptures say about the word 'WINTER'?
Solomon, the wisest man of all time, said, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in Song of Solomon 2:11 - "For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone".  Well, according to the Met Office this is not quite to be the case in the coming days, but the good news is that the winter will eventaully pass.  I don't know what you are like, but I am definitely not a winter person.  I really struggle with the dark nights and cold, wet days but I always start to feel more hopeful at this time of the year because things can only get better!  Isn't it good to have something positive to look forward too?
And we know that it is a similar situation in the Christian life - we have all the different seasons of life to face - the good sunny days of peace and blessing when we seem to be on the mountain top and the dark, difficult days of trial and hardship.  Without going into detail, the past few weeks have been a bit of a winter experience for me and sometimes we wonder when we are going through difficult times, Who really cares?  Well, I am truly thankful that I have a small but very supportive, loving and caring family who do care.  And better still, I have the saviour in my heart.  Sometimes I forget that I don't have to carry the burden alone but yesterday on the way in to work, George Beverly Shea was singing on a CD I have - "Does Jesus care?"

Does Jesus care, when my heart is pained
 too deeply for mirth or song?
when my sad heart aches
till it nearly breaks
Does He care enough, does He hear?

Oh yes, He cares
I know He cares
His heart is touched with my grief.
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary
I know my Saviour cares.

If you are going through a winter experience just now, please...
  • leave your burden with the Lord for He really does care
  • remember, Spring is just around the corner and there is always something to look forward to.
Thank you for popping by today!











12 comments:

  1. I love your staggered snowflakes and the Liquid Pearls are a fantastic touch! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I, too, am a huge fan of clean and simple cards. I love these two winter beauties you have created!! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both such pretty cards! Perfect for both the challenges, so I hope you don't mind if I combine my comments - thanks so much for playing along with CASology and CAS(E)This Sketch this week, karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Karen, 2 gorgeous cards!! love them!!
    beautiful words of encouragement too Karen, it is difficult going through storms in life {I am too, with health} but I know the Lord will calm this storm in his timing, just have to keep trusting :) it's great to have met another Christian :) isn't The Lord good. take care :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two perfectly wintery cards. And you combined two sketches as well....way to to! Love the clean and simple simplicity of your work! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE both takes. You have done wonders with this sketch! Thanks so much for playing with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous cards and I love the Liquid Pearls! Thanks for playing along with CASology and CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, I love both clean and simple wintry cards...perfect for both challenges! The hexagon snowflakes are so pretty, and I love the liquid pearl drops on the second card! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. both cards are fantastic, karen!! love how you used the hexagons on the first and the second one is so elegant! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. soft and sweet! thank you so much for joining us at CTS ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfectly CAS, perfectly lovely ... both cards! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!