Followers

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Clean and Simple Hubby!!!

Hello folks and welcome to my newest followers, Melissa, Lizy and Katina.  You can click on the photos of any of my followers and pop over and check out all their lovely blogs.  Lots of inspiring ideas to be found out there.
 
Well, it's hubby's birthday today and yes, he is clean AND simple but so is the card I made for him.  To be honest, he doesn't really 'get' the significance of cards so I don't put a huge effort into his, so CAS works well for him.
 
This one is for two challenges - CAS(E) This Sketch #15 (this is one of the best sketches I have ever followed) and CAS-ual Fridays #90(use black and white and one other colour).
For this quick card I used two strips of washi tape, die cut two stars and stamped the sentiment and the grid on the white star in Lucky Limeade.  I used to hate the colour green (school uniform colour!) but I am really getting to like all the lovely shades of green that SU! does.
 

 
 
God bless you today and always.


10 comments:

  1. absolutely fabulous card Karen!!happy birthday to your hubby :) love the washi tape :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are liking the sketches - I am most definitely liking what you do with the sketches!! I love the washi tape banner! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

    This is just perfect for your hubby! Mine is the same way when it comes to cards, so CAS is definitely a good thing! :) Love the Lucky Limeade with the black and white!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! It's perfect for a guy and I love the bold accents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bold black and white colour scheme and simple shapes! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your washi tape and the pop of green! Perfect card for your hubby! Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another perfect CAS card Karen! Great colour combo. Ha,ha, I have a clean and simple OH too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen

    A gorgeous make. I am sure your Hubby loved it!

    There is a lot to be said for a clean Hubby LOL!!!

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah K, i'm more than sure Mr M appreciates the handmade effort even if he doesn't say. I know D would be disappointed with a shop bought card, but he would never let on. Men and their feelings lol, they're all big softies at heart. Beautiful card as always :) T xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAB use of stars & washi Karen, this would be perfect for the Catered Crop Bright Stars Recipe Swap too
    http://cateredcrop.com/2013/02/24/start-bright-recipe-swap-quickfire/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!