Followers

Saturday, 30 March 2013

Congratulations, smarty pants!

Hello again and I'd like to wish you all a happy Easter.  For me, as a Christian, this is a time of hope and new life. Of course, as we look outside we'll be starting to see the change of the seasons and the new life growing in the form of leaves and flowers and new little lambs in the fields.
But for the Christian, it means so much more than this.  At Easter, we remember the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross for our sins and for our atonement; but more than this, we remember His rising again from the dead on the third day, which we celebrate on Easter Sunday.  Because He rose again and conquered the power of death, Christians, who have accepted Christ as Saviour by faith, have nothing more to fear regarding the future.  "Because He lives, we shall live also."  Perhaps today you are suffering physically from some illness or disease.  Please be encouraged that, if you belong to the King of Kings, one day you will receive a new and glorified body, pain and sickness free.  This is new life in Christ!
 
So here is my card:


And here are the two challenges I am entering:
 
 
 
I have to admit, the colour combination looks good on the scarf, but I'm not so sure about it for my card.  Always Artichoke is a colour I have never used before and don't really like, but it fits in here, I suppose.  I love this little stamp - it was free with Sale-a-bration.  I also scored the diagonal stripes with my 'free' diagonal score board, which is also fab for making handmade envelopes!  I made this card for my daughter who has just recently got a new job and we are all thrilled for her!
 
Take care!
 


10 comments:

  1. hi Karen, I love your fab card :) great use of the colour and the sketch, love your score lines too. Congrats to your daughter on her new job, hope she will be very happy there.
    And beautiful words you have shared about The Lord Karen, trusting and praying that your witness here will win souls to The Lord :) have a blessed Easter ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Great job on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute card Karen, those pants are fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, thanks so much for sharing your card!
    You have shared so perfectly the Gospel and I pray that someone, anyone will accept Christ as their Savior through your blog. Have a Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cool Karen! Love the embossing with the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Karen! Thank you for joining us at CAS Colours and Sketches this week! Paula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Karen, love all the green you used! Hope your Easter was a blessed one. thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the sketch, Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours and Sketches

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!