Followers

Thursday, 28 March 2013

(Four) Actually 'three' challenges

Hello friends! 
I apologize for not having blogged for ages; I've been very busy.  But here I am, off work for the Easter break, with one card for four challenges.
 
The challenges are:
 
DYNAMIC DUOS #45 - Pretty in Pink / Regal Rose (Edited: Oh dear, I'm sorry...I've just realised I used Rose Red by mistake so I'll remove my card from this challenge.  Apologies)
 
 
 
All supplies are Stampin' Up! apart from the base card.
Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink card and ink
 
 
 
 
Thought for the Week
 
As always, I like to use the CASology word as a jumpstart for my wee thought and as I've said above, the word is 'HOPE'.
This word is a favourite of mine because, although it is only made up of four letters, it contains so much positivity.  Here is what Wikipedia says about HOPE. 
 
Hope is the state which promotes the belief in an outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life. Despair is often regarded as the opposite of hope.[1] Hope is the "feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best" or the act of "look[ing] forward to something with desire and reasonable confidence" or "feel[ing] that something desired may happen".[2] Other definitions are "to cherish a desire with anticipation"; "to desire with expectation of obtainment"; or "to expect with confidence".[3] In the English language the word can be used as either a noun or a verb, although hope as a concept has a similar meaning in either use.[4] 
 
"In many traditional Christian texts, the word is an indication of certainty and a positive expectation of future reward. “Hope” in the Holy Bible means “a strong and confident expectation.” Though archaic today in modern terms, hope is akin to trust and a confident expectation".[27]
 
There is a chorus we sometimes sing in church which goes like this...
'My hope is in the Lord
who gave Himself for me;
He paid the price of all my sin on Calvary.
 
For me, He died
For me, He lives
And everlasting light and life
He freely gives'.
 
The words 'He lives' are especially comforting for the Christian because we know with assurance that our Saviour no longer hangs upon a cross but after His death He rose again on the third day and now He lives for ever in Heaven, praying for us and preparing an eternal home for His Blood -bought people.
 
Remember this at this Easter time.
 
God bless.
 


18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely, pretty-in-pink card. I love the images and sentiment you chose to use, and how perfectly simple it is even through the layers. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. ;-) I enjoyed your card and your lovely thoughts on the word Hope. A strength for the day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Karen, beautiful and very encouraging words, your card is gorgeous!! have a blessed Easter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you've overstamped the flowers in the two colours of pink! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops - and also for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch! Way to combine 3 challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, I agree with Marlou. Beautiful and very encouraging words. Your card is just perfect! Have a blessed Easter! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card and wonderful thoughts on the word hope! It does hold so much for such a little word!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, Karen, super colour combination! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and great way to rock 4 challenges in one..love when I can do that. Thank you for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos. Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very lovely card and thank you for sharing those words of hope. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink and white is my favourite colour combination! A very "hope"ful card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/03/52-card-pickup-213.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, a beautiful card and such pretty colors layered together! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Karen! I have never seen that stamp used before and though I've always liked it, I've never imagined how it could be used, so thank you for the inspiration!
    God Bless you this Easter
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautifully crafted and designed card, very stylish and love the stamps and gorgeous colours. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love the softness of the card and the scalloped edge is super cute! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is beautiful - love the end product of all of the challenges! Thanks for playing with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!