Followers

Monday, 1 April 2013

Aha! It does work!

Hi folks!  Do you ever get one of those times when you'd really like something to work, but someone tells you it won't so you don't even bother to check for yourself?  Then someday later, in a fit of desperation, you try it out and it does work!  Well, today has been one of those days and I'm really pleased.
Until recently I had a very old Nokia phone which did the basics and only the basics, but I felt it was time to treat myself to a Smart phone.  Of course it does all the new-fangled things that young people love but we older people take ages to catch onto.  So anyway, my hubby is using the camera this week so I was left camera-less and I asked my son how I would manage to take photos of my cards for blogging.  Obviously, this is not a matter of huge concern to him (the look and laughter said it all!) and I asked could I use his IPad (big mistake!!).  Then I asked him if the quality of photos taken on my phone would be good enough and he snorted 'I doubt it' and I believed him.  But, as I said, in desperation I gave it a go and hey ho! it DOES indeed work!  I can't see much difference in the quality of the pics compared with the 'proper' camera.  What do you think?
 
So here is my card for today, which I am entering into three Challenges:
 
 
 
The Paper Players - Tic, Tac, Toe (Pearls, Birthday, Pink & Green)
 
 
 
Dynamic Duos - Deep Pink & my choice of colour (Pool Party)
 
 
 
 
All Stamping supplies (apart from the tiny pink pearls) are Stampin' Up! which you can purchase by contacting me at any time.
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Karen, great way to combine all three challenges. Great use of DSP and the butterflies are the fabulous finishing touch. I also love that you softened the edge with the scallops. Gorgeous! Way to go on using a phone to the take the photo, too. Isn't technology wonderful!
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!!!! I adore it! Yes.... I think the photo is great...I use my iphone all the time and find the photos are sometimes better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card Karen!! love the colours and layout :) Your photo looks fabulous!! which smart phone did you buy?? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marlou, I went for a Samsung Galaxy Ace (not an IPhone) But it does the job for me. Love that I can get onto the internet with it too! Hope you're feeling better. Kx

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous Karen. The design, papers and embellishments are beautiful.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job combining all those challenges, and it's a more than decent photo! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen!
    very cute color combination!! so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen first let me say that I take all my photos for my blog with my phone and they are much better than my camera and much easier to use. The photo is fabulous and the card is stunning ! Gorgeous design and so neat lol !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, Your combination of all three of these challenges is a winner! I love the white on white background - so classy. It allows the pops of DSP to really shine. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, Karen! What a perfect combination of challenges! Such a clean and classy card! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Great paper. Wow! Three challenges for one card. I have trouble doing a single challenge; sometimes I manage a double.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card, Karen! I love how the pretty colors pop on the clean, white background. The ruffled ribbon adds soft, frilly texture, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!