Followers

Friday, 5 April 2013

I'm not a Clean and Simple girl ; (

...of course, some members of my family or friends may dispute the title of this blog post, but after struggling to come up with CAS cards over the past number of months, I have finally come to accept that, even though I adore the CAS look, I just cannot do it ;(.  I like to use lots of papers and add embellishments and I just can't get a handle on creating something that is clean and simple but still pretty.  I'm always disappointed with my CAS cards.  I always try to copy other people's style and that's when I feel disappointed because mine aren't as good.  So, instead, I will try to find a 'look' that is just mine.  I will settle for cards that I'm happy with and not try to feel 'boxed in' by the latest style or trend...I'm just going to be 'me'!
 
So, here we are with today's card.  I love Kraft (or Crumb Cake, which Stampin' Up! 'tastefully' call it) and I've added a few SU! papers.  The sentiment is a favourite of mine because of the lovely font mixture.
 
I have followed the sketch over at Mojo Monday #287 for this card.
 
  
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
 

4 comments:

  1. I feel so bad reading this post, that you're feeling bad about not being a CAS girl. I'm glad you've figured out that you should embrace your own style and make what makes you happy - this is gorgeous - it takes real skill and talent to put patterns together and make it all work - I wouldn't even know where to begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Ardyth, please don't feel bad! I'm not looking for a sympathy vote!! I do so love everyone else's CAS cards, but I think I'm just feeling limited in how I can express myself. I'll be back to CAS now and again; I'm not gone for good!
      Karen x

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to get this reply! I am a CAS girl, but I reserve the right to go nuts and add ribbon and sparkle (and anything else) if I feel like it! It's good to just go where you want to! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the patterned papers you used on this card. They work perfect together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!