Followers

Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Oh happy day!

Good afternoon!  I hope the weather is more like Spring than of late where you are.  Here in Northern Ireland it is bright and dry, but still very cold for the time of year.
 
Today's card is for the Muse Challenge #11 where we have to use some part or all of the card shown as inspiration and explain what we did.  When I first saw this challenge a while back, I thought it would be too difficult to do, but it can be as hard or as easy as you want it to be.
I have used my new favourite colour 'Lucky Limeade' along with 'Island Indigo'.  The stamps are 'Bloomin' Marvellous' from the recent SAB.  I added a strip of little embossed hearts from the Edgelit Borders and some thick Whisper White twine.  The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I used a slightly off-white piece of scrap card for the sentiment and it comes up cream against the white base card.  Oh well, all part of using up scraps!
 
 
Here is the original card that we take our inspiration from -
by Laurie Willison.  Isn't it pretty?
 
IMG_9515_edited-1
 
  Maybe you'd like to try some of these challenges.
Thanks for looking today.
 

14 comments:

  1. another gorgeous card Karen!! love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove those little embossed hearts Karen, they really set off your pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I love your take on the Muse card. Those embossed hearts are divine and so perfect with the big heart x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Karen, I love this color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! You, also, stayed very close to the original design, but added your own touches.....well done. Thanks so much for the very kind comment on my card. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely interpretation of the Muse - I love the white embossing on the card base!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue and white with that touch of green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card -- so simple, but really has a "wow!" to it, too! Love your take on the Muse card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Great idea using the embossed hearts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely card, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful take on the muse card ... that's a great border embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just terrific! Wonderful use of the Muse inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great interpretation! Wow! I love what you did with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you tied the sweet heart embossing to the sentiment cut out, Karen ... so pretty! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!