Followers

Thursday, 4 April 2013

"Up!" with CASology

Good evening, folks!
I have just made a card for the CASology Challenge #38 which is to interpret and create using the word 'UP'.  Well, I thought I would be partly sneaky and say that my card is stamped with a Stamp from the current Stampin' Up! catalogue...and it uses Stampin' Up! papers!  But really, I liked this little image for this challenge because the birds are 'up' on a high wire.  I stamped the image first onto a piece of watercolour paper and then with my Pool Party and Summer Starfruit inks and my Blender pen I coloured in the birds.  Then I cut the tiny birds out and stuck them on top of the stamped image on the Crumb Cake base.  Finally, I rounded the edges of the card to soften the look.
 
I thought you might also like to see what's been happening in Northern Ireland.  I took my mum to the hospital yesterday for a check up  and afterwards we went to her local garden centre where we met these lovely polar bears having fun in the snow!!  Aren't they cute?  Very clever idea, don't you think?!
We could hardly believe that in some areas there was no snow at all yet in others it was still about 6ft high.
Hopefully it'll all be gone soon as the temperatures are to rise this weekend.
 
 
Thanks for popping by today!
God bless!


12 comments:

  1. I always love those Lil' Inkers dies every time i see them. Fantastic AS design. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Fab paper piecing Lindsey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. looooove this card Karen!!! and I too love l'il inkers dies :) (have you seen the latest release ... wishlist .. LOL )
    the polar bears made me laugh, :) :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is absolutely CAS-alicious, Karen!! love, love, love everything about it!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super sweet ~ love the birds on the wire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever! I didn't think of Stampin UP! but you're right. I love the little birds chatting together on the wires. Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Karen. A stunning CAS design.
    Hugs Sharon, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those birds are so cute and I love the papers you used for the sun and clouds! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card. Love the image of the bird and those clouds...so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the layout of your card and that sweet little birdie stamp....so cute! Cutting them out must have been a pain! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen, what an adorable little scene...love those birds and your pretty die cuts! (Lve the polar bears, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!