Followers

Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Bloom simply!

Hello again!  For today, I would like to share this very simple card that I made for a friend who gave me a CD of gospel songs.  It was very quick and easy to make.  I am entering it into the CASology Challenge #44 for this week where the cue word is 'BLOOM'.  The little flower is made up from a couple of retired felt pieces I had from years back.
 
 

 
Thought for the Week
Isaiah 35:1,2
 
So does the Bible have anything to say about the word 'bloom'?  it doesn't excatly use the word 'bloom' but I checked a thesaurus and it gives the word 'blossom' as a synonym.  The Bible talks about the hope and future of the Christian and how the land will blossom as a rose when the redeemed of the Lord enter into the land that He has given them forever.  This is what I love about the Lord!  Even though people blame Him for all the disasters in the world (yet they never seem to give Him the praise when things go well), the Lord has promised a hope and a future for those who accept their own sinfulness and His salvation through faith in Christ.  Man is the one who has helped, down through the generations, to destroy this world that God made in perfection; but in the end, God will restore the land to beauty and perfection for the eternal rest of the believer.
 
God bless!


11 comments:

  1. beeeeautiful card Karen!!! love it ♥ and very very encouraging words, you are a great witness Karen (I know I always say this) but you are :) :)
    blessings
    Marlou ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and pretty, Karen! I LOVE that chevron square you framed the beautiful felt bloom with!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Karen. Love the leaves and flower and the chevron square is very striking.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean graphic feel of this - great pops of colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card, Karen! the little felt bloom is so pretty... thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely clean and simple card for this week's cue card! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, I love the clean layers and the coral and green combination on your lovely CAS card...perfect! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautifully fresh and CAS, Karen, wonderful use of the felt for the bloom and I love the chevron square! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hiya Karen :) thanks for your lovely comment on my card :) :) Michelle from The Card Grotto has a fab tutorial on lining up stamps on matching dies, very clever. You will find Michelle's blog under my fave blog list. I just cut out quite a few butterflies at a time and line up the best I can and just guess stamp, sometimes I get it first time, sometimes takes a few goes :) another wee tip is lightly glue your die cut to your work surface so when you stamp on it , it will not move. Let me know if this is helpful for you. I hope you are well too, hugzz Marlou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely chevron and how you placed the flower is so neat! I also loved reading your thoughts on 'bloom' - God is good indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful Karen...true CAS! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!