Followers

Monday, 22 July 2013

Calypso butterflies

 Hello! Hope all is well with you and you are coping with this heat, if you have it. We are just not used to such high temperatures here in Northern Ireland and I have to admit I prefer it to be a bit cooler, although I really do love the long, warm evenings.
Anyway, the card I'd like to show you today is one I made for two challenges:
 
Dynamic Duos #62 - Calypso Coral and Basic Black with the option of using Butterflies
 
I covered four pieces of Calypso Coral card stock with some washi tape I had (while I'm waiting on my Stampin' Up! Supply), then ran them through the Big Shot in the SU! butterflies embossing folder. Simple and you can still see the colour of the card stock through the tape.
 
 


7 comments:

  1. totally stunning Karen!!! love these colours together and how you used the sketch :) i'm sitting watching and waiting to hear the arrival of William and Kate's little baby :) :) can't wait xxx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely, great use of BOTH challenges!! I have to get in gear for Dynamic Duos.. maybe tonight!

    Any warm weather is too warm for me!
    (Must be the Norwegian blood in me). I literally get faint over 75..80, need to stay indoors. And the sun, causes my eyes to water! My husband says it is because we are cave dwellers ( we stay in and only venture our for long weekend vacations, etc.) LOL, he is a riot!

    Thanks your comments on my card. When I first bought the camera dies I brought them to a card club and I used the colorful papers and all of us did some up to keep. ( I share :) Anyway, I saw the sketch and thought, I have little cameras ready to go.. then I also had a few woodgrain in my stash already done, voila...

    Well hope you can beat the heat somehow, and have fun crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card and those butterflies are gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen love your card for both challenges. Those beautiful butterflies and that perfect sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing your card wit us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen:) Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me a sweet comment:) Your card is beautiful and that die is one of my favorites and well done on the sketch:) Have a fantastic week!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Karen..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!