Followers

Friday, 5 July 2013

Little birds

Good morning, friends and bloggers and a warm welcome to my three new blogging friends...Kate, Cazza and Groovy Grommit!
Today's card is one I've just made for CAS - Colours and Sketches Challenge #32 where we have to use three of my favourite colours ... Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade and Pool Party.  Before I went to bed last night, I had a flash of inspiration for a card I just wanted to make, you know, one of those rare moments when you just know exactly what you want to make and are itching to get at it?!  But I needed some colour inspiration and I found it right here at this Challenge.
The stamp is another one of my favourites, "For the Birds", great for colouring or for paper piecing, which is what I did here.  I acually find it quite therapeutic, cutting the tiny pieces out and it is made all the easier with Stampin' Up!'s paper snips.  The papers are all SU Designer papers and I love the way SU! colours all coordinate so perfectly. I coloured the grass using Lucky Limeade Ink and a blender pen. (If you would like to purchase any SU! products, just email me and I'll order them for you to be delivered straight to your door!).
 
 
 
Thanks for popping by today.  Hope you have a good weekend!


9 comments:

  1. stunning card Karen and the colours are fab!! love the layout too xxx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute design. Beautifully coloured with a beautiful design.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous use of the lovely colours, Karen. The paper piecing looks amazing and the lace and button are perfect embellis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for using the colours this week at CC&S - they look gorgeous on your card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! Great use of the colors! Love the touch of lace. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo Karen, this is GORGEOUS!! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen, and thanks so much for stopping by the Word Art Wednesday blog. I'm sad to hear your news about the awful display of sinfulness in your area. What a disgrace to the Lord. But it's a blessing to hear you say that you pray about the situation. Our Design Team Member, JoAnn, is involved with some legislation in her state (Arizona) that would give special treatment to these specific "group" of sinners. They are a disgrace to God's Word, and I trust that He will deal with it all in His perfect timing. We know from His Word that EVERY KNEE WILL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS THAT HE IS LORD". We just need to continue to pray, and keep the faith. God is always there, and He WILL deal with it all according to His perfect will. We are only accountable FOR US and for what we represent.
    SO blessed by your comment, Karen, and I will keep your area in Northern Ireland in my prayers. I am SO blessed to have you stop by and fellowship with us at Word Art Wednesday, and I hope that you will share your art with us this week (up to 5 entries per week - Anything Goes). Have a great week and thanks again for visiting!
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fabulous little paper pieced birds, they look perfect in our colours this week. Thanks for playing along with the colour challenge at CC&S this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!