Followers

Saturday, 3 August 2013

Little grey elephant!

Hello again!
I've just had, and thoroughly enjoyed, my Saturday night Chinese takeaway and wanted to post this card before I spend the rest of the evening with hubby!
I have made this 'Thank You' card using the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #97 and the colours from CAS Colours and Sketches #36. When I looked at these three colours on the palette, I thought "Mmm, I can't really see these going together well" but after a bit of embossing and putting them all together, I'm more than happy with the result! 
I embossed the cute little elephant from a past Sale-a-Bration set called Patterned Occasions onto SU! Basic Grey Cardstock using SU! white embossing powder and did the same with his little ear, embossing onto SU! Melon Mambo CS.  I stamped the tiny sentiment and the flower using my SU! inkpads (Melon Mambo and Old Olive) and a blender pen (easy peasy!).  The embossing at the top of the two tags was done using the circle stamp from SU! My Friend.
 
 
 
Thanks again for stopping by today!  Back again soon x


7 comments:

  1. Mmmm first opening line has made me drool! It's been too long since I've had a Chinese! Love your card, it's SO cute :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove your card Karen :) the elephant is adorable!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this??!! I love the texture on the banners and that little elephant is fabulous! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! I love that little elephant. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job combining both challenges into one cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Thanks for playing along at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!