Followers

Saturday, 24 August 2013

Sketch and Colour Challenges

Hello friends and fellow bloggers (and family, too, of course)!  Hope you're enjoying your Saturday.

Before I show you my card, I'd like to thank Gracie (and Marlou, of course!) for choosing me to win a lovely surprise goody bag to celebrate her blog's 6th anniversary.  I'm already excited because Marlou's gifts are so gorgeous.  Pop over and check out her blog, Scrapping with Love!
 
So, my card that I'd like to share today came together very quickly due to the inspiration of this 2nd Sketch over at this new Challenge blog called Seize the Sketch and the lovely colours suggested by Colour Throwdown #256.  I made this card for my new downline who has just signed up as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator under me and I wanted to send her a little welcome card and gift.  I thought the 'W' from the Occasions Alphabet stamp set was just right for this card.  Hope she likes it.
 


I embossed the sentiment onto the Pear Pizzazz cardstock with White embossing powder to make it stand out better.  I also used the new Hearts a Flutter stamps and matching dies, which I love because they are so versatile and can be used for anything.  I also used my new SU! Chevrons Embossing folder and some Rich Razzleberry ribbon that I'd had left over from a couple of years ago.
 
 
Here's a little Thought for the Week to help encourage you.
I was reading Psalm 7 this morning (I just love the Psalms...they are so encouraging).  King David was going through a rough time (you see, everybody has trials and troubles, right from royalty to the everyday citizen) and I'm really glad that he recorded how he was feeling because we can often identify with his feelings and learn how he managed to cope.  It seems that somebody called Cush the Benjamite, was saying some mean things to or about David and this got the king down.  But he didn't stay that way because he immediately started to pray and ask the Lord to help him.  Then he ended up praising the Lord for all His goodness and mercy and singing praises to the King of kings.  If you're feeling down or upset today, try not to dwell on the negatives too much but instead start talking to the Lord about it.  He really does care for you and He wants you to tell him about your trials and difficulties.  If you start to think about all the things the Lord has done for you and how much He truly loves you, soon your thoughts should turn away from yourself and more to Him so that you will end up praising His holy name!  He will bless your heart if you turn it to Him.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 



11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Karen and I love the colour combo too! Thanks also for the psalm :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little banner is so cute!Thank you for playing with us at CTD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great clean and simple design. Love the bit of texture from the ribbon and the embossing. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Karen, another beautiful card from you, looove your cards ♥ just wrapped up your goodies and will get them in post soon as :) :) thank you for sharing encouraging words from Psalms (I love the Psalms) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Karen, thank you for your comments on my blog. Your card is teriffic, I love everything about it! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Psalms. I shall carry these thoughts with me. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty CAS design...you have used the CTD colors beautifully!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE what you have done with this sketch.. What a CAS beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clean and pretty! Love the colours. Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Karen, sorry for the delay in posting your goodies (",) I forgot to give package to my husband yesterday to post, but it will definitely be on its way to you, something for you to look forward to :) hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen

    What a gorgeous colour combo .. .. I love it very much.

    Great use of the sketch too.

    Have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!