Followers

Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Smoky Slate for a man

Hi again!  I'm back with one card only and this one is for the Stampin' Up! Only Challenge found here.
I like this challenge because now I am using only SU! products and I can be more focused.
 
This is Challenge #81 and it is to make a masculine card.  I don't know about you but male cards are not my strong point but I have discovered that SU! have many stamp sets that lend themselves to a more masculine look - I just haven't bought them yet!!!
 
Now, I know what you're thinking..."there's a heart on that card"!  Yes, but this card is for the only man I would give a heart to...my own dear hubby.  This is to thank him for everything he does for me, which is a lot and he is very special to me.  Of course, he'll not 'oooh and aaah' over this card as I would like but that's because he is a MAN!!
 
 
Actually, now that I've photographed the card, I think it could've done with a little dab of another colour somewhere, but ah well, too late now.
 
Supplies(all Stampin' Up!):
  • Cardstock - Smoky Slate
  • Ink - Smoky Slate, Versa Mark
  • Stamps - Chalk Talk, Serene Silhouettes
  • Dies - Framelits Chalk Talk
  • Accessories - Hung Up Cute Clips, White Embossing Powder


3 comments:

  1. Great job on our masculine challenge! Love the monochromatic look with the Smoky Slate and I am sure that your hubby will love it as well (even if he dores not "oooh and aaah" :-)) Thanks for sharing with us at SO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I love the monotone colours on your card! And thank you for your kind comment on my card too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! That under-stated Smoky Slate and white color combo along with the graphic pattern of the main image make for a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!