Followers

Saturday, 12 October 2013

Spoiler alert! Don't look, Marlou!

Hi folks! Today my post is very quick as it's nearly time for our Saturday night Chinese food and I'm pretty hungry!

I made this card for my blogging friend, Marlou, who hasn't been very well lately and I hope this might cheer her up. I've missed seeing her cards on her blog and hope that soon she'll be able to get back to crafting.

I'm also entering this card into a couple of challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches

Fusion Challenge #19 - Pink Power

The colours are Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink (brad). I stamped on vellum paper with my big 'Friendly' background stamp in black Stazon, punched out the vellum with a variety of circle sizes then wiped over the circles with the ink pads. Then I scrunched them up tightly (stabbing myself a couple of times on the sharp edges!) and opened them again. I added a brad inside the now retired silver flower brad. I added a splash or two of ink from 'Gorgeous Grunge' then stamped on the sentiment from 'Hopeful Thoughts' in Rose Red. All popped up on Regal Rose card stock.

I've just placed a Stampin' Up! order for my birthday and was able to get some real bargains in the Clearance Rack. If you're interested, click on the SU! Logo on the top right of my blog which will take you to the online store and then click on 'Products - Clearance Rack' and grab yourself a treat!

 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card...your flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Karen! I love your red vellum flower! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Karen..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gorgeous vellum flower and the splatter! Awesome take on the inspiration. Thank you so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this red bright and shiny vellum flower and splatter of color is just the right touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card just screams pink power and I'm sure it will cheer Marlou up no end! (I hope she feels better soon :)) I love the scrunched flower, I haven't made any of those for ages, thanks for the reminder!

    Ooh, isn't great when you get to treat yourself for your birthday with a crafty shop! He he! My birthday is also coming up and I think I may have to do the same myself ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!