Followers

Wednesday, 27 November 2013

And finally...I'm crafting again!

Hello folks! Yay! I'm back to creating colourful cards and other paper projects. I've just finished making the wedding invitations, evening invitations and Orders of Service for a girl I work with and she was thrilled with them! She was so easy to work with, anything I suggested, she was happy with it. In the end it was ME who kept changing things and going for different ideas! But she's happy with the finished result. I can show you the finished cards now because she has sent them out. They are simple and elegant, just like the Bride-to-be. But I have to say I have missed working with colours!
Could you imagine that there are also three little rhinestones on the right hand side on the ribbon? I decided to add them AFTER I took the photo! I'll post the Order of Service sometime after her wedding at the end of December.
Anyway, back to the colour card. I have to say I am so glad I got rid of all my non-Stampin' Up! supplies. I feel less cluttered and more focused with just one company's products to tempt me! The thing I love most about SU! is that everything matches so easily and this makes crafting more fun!
I made this card for the Challenge over at Let's Craft and Create which is to 'Say it with Flowers'. I'm also entering it into Festive Friday (thanks for the heads up on this challenge, Marlou!) using the colour scheme, red, green and gold. My mum loves poinsettias (she just sometimes has a bit of trouble trying to pronounce the word!) and she'll get a card similar to this one but better!


So, here's what I used to make this. Everything is current apart from the Filigree Brad which is now retired. It was silver and I covered it with Versamark and then sprinkled Gold Embossing powder over it, embossed it, burnt my finger and Hey Presto!


Brights Candy Dots
Brights Candy Dots



Joyful Christmas Clear-mount Stamp Set
Joyful Christmas Clear Mount Stamps
Season Of Style Designer Series Paper Stack
Season of Style paper Pad
UNSET
Real Red Cardstock
UNSET
Whisper White Cardstock

Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder - by Stampin' Up!
Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder
Small Scallop Stampin’ Trimmer Rotary Cutting Blade
Small Scallop Rotary cutting blade

Old Olive Cardstock

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen, thanks for sharing it with us over at Let's Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such beautiful creations Karen, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Karen!! :) lovely to see you back creating again, i have missed you :) your invitations are stunning!! very elegant!! and i love your gorgeous Christmas card too, my mum also loves poinsettia ♥ huge hugs and blessings xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you repost this on Festive Friday - the link is broken for some reason - I'd hate for anyone to miss this elegant beauty! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! Looking forward to seeing you again in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back & with 2 FABulous creations too. Super happy to hear the Top Note die arrived safe & sound :) ps, you will like the Uniko Studio Super Free Saturday tomorrow ;) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comment! Love your cards - especially the second one with the polka dots in the background - I would not dare to use that for a Christmas card, but it works great - I guess I should be more adventurous...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!