Followers

Thursday, 17 July 2014

Colour Throwdown meets Just us Girls!

Hello and welcome to today's post.  The weather here in Northern Ireland is pretty good today, sunny with occasional clouds but very warm, well...at least for us!

My card for today is for a special person (you won't know who you are until you get the card!) just because she (clue) is special.  I found another new challenge called Just us Girls and for their challenge #249 they want us to use some sort of woodgrain on our card/project.  I love Stampin' Up!'s Hardwood Stamp which I just got recently so it was perfect for this card.  I have also used the colours from Colour Throwdown #301 which includes Crumb Cake and Smoky Slate - more of my fave colours!  The sentiment on this card says it all, I think.  I also used the sketch from Paper Craft Crew #102.




PCCCS102 7-16-2014

Thanks for your visit today!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love all those pretty flowers against the wood background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you chose to make your card square, I often stay with the standard A4 size. You have inspired me to try another size. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers look amazing against the wood grain, lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your square card and those beautiful flowers!! Great job combining challenges and thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and a great way to showcase the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card, Karen! Love your take on these three challenges!
    I have an Uncle that lives in Galway. (I know, not quite Northern Ireland.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your side flowers against the wood grain! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen I love the combination of the wood with those gorgeous flowers and the colours work so well together, beautiful card! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great that you were able to do all three challenges. The wood and flowers go well together and I like the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card! Thank you so much for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!
    Kim Skinner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous card! I love the flowers paired with Hardwood and they are such pretty colours. Great take on our sketch too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!