Followers

Thursday, 10 July 2014

Freshly Made Sketch #144 and Colour Me...Striking!

Hello there friends and a special Hello to my new follower from Sydney, Australia!  You're very welcome and thank you for joining me!

Today I have a card to share with you that I made for my friend's birthday which was on Saturday past.  I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #144 and incorporated the colours from the challenge at Colour Me Challenge #28.  

I inked the border stamp from Summer Silhouettes in Soft Sky, the teeny little flower in Elegant Eggplant and the leaf in Crumb Cake.  I stamped the small butterfly from Papillon Potpourri in Elegant Eggplant, coloured it with a Soft Sky marker, punched it out and then covered it with Crystal Effects to give it a raised, shiny look.  I added the tiniest pearls on to the centre of the flowers.  I also inked up the banner stamp from Hearts A Flutter with Elegant Eggplant, the sketched heart with Soft Sky and die cut these before adding the mini flower punched from Crumb Cake with a pearl added to this.  All finished off with the sentiment from Gifts of Kindness.



Thanks for stopping by today!



8 comments:

  1. Karen, thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I took a little peek around your blog, too, and I love so many of your cards! I have become a new follower of yours via bloglovin. I am looking forward to more inspiration from you. Thank you again, and have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've interpreted my sketch - the "trellis" panel is beautiful and the wee butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about your card, Karen! It is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the little details and layers on your card. Your friend is really lucky to receive this for their birthday. :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

    Julia
    CMCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer! This is a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty! I love the fun combination of elements you used to create this piece :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you in the gallery again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! i love your creative take on Karren's sketch and the fabulous mix of these stamp sets! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!