Followers

Sunday, 13 July 2014

How to be truly happy!

Hi folks!
Today I would like to share my Thought for the Week with you, taken from Psalm 1.
Everybody is seeking happiness, in some form or another.  Some look for it in alcohol or in drugs, some in popularity, some in doing whatever they want whenever they want.  I'm so glad that God doesn't expect us to be on a constant search for true happiness; He just gives it to us straight and simple in Psalm 1 verses 1 & 2.  The man (or woman) who is truly happy ('blessed') is the one who delights in God's law and spends time reading it, praying over it and living it.  Some people think that being a Christian is boring and restrictive, but I can tell you from experience, this is not the case.  I would much rather have peace in my heart, than popularity on Facebook; I'd rather have eternal grace than short term pleasure; in fact, as the lovely hymn says,

  1. I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
    I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
    I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands;
    I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand
    • Refrain:
      Than to be the king of a vast domain
      Or be held in sin’s dread sway;
      I’d rather have Jesus than anything
      This world affords today.
  2. I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;
    I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;
    I’d rather have Jesus than worldwide fame;
    I’d rather be true to His holy name
  3. He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
    He’s sweeter than honey from out the comb;
    He’s all that my hungering spirit needs;
    I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead
  4. God bless you today.
  5. I meant to post this card on my blog for you last night and forgot.  It's for Always Playing with Paper Challenge #10 - you can use the colours and/or the sketch.  I used both.

  6.   
  7. All supplies are Stampin' Up! (available from me)


3 comments:

  1. Lovely post! What you wrote is so true and your card is so sweet! Thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card & thank you for the lovely post! I need to check out that challenge--keep seeing wonderful cards people are entering there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply BEAUTIFUL, That embossing folder is a HUGE FAVE of mine!!! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!!!!~!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!