Followers

Friday, 25 July 2014

Wedding with a flourish

Hello friends.  I hope you're enjoying the beautiful spell of weather recently (if indeed it has been wherever you are).  I love the summer and especially when the weather is good, but here in Northern Ireland, we're not used to high temperatures and I'm afraid I'm not doing too well.  I'm trying to stay indoors with the fans on blasting.  The only time I can cope with being outside at the minute is early morning or at night!

Anyway, this is the season for weddings and my daughter asked me to make her a card for a good friend of hers who will be getting married soon.  I love the very pretty 'Love and Laughter' stamp set, with the gorgeous dress that is made up of lovely wedding phrases.  I embossed this in white onto white cardstock and then lightly sponged it with Pink Pirouette ink to give it a subtle shading.  I also embossed the largest flourish from 'Flowering Flourishes' in white onto white cardstock.  I stamped the Congratulations sentiment in Pink Pirouette.  I die cut and embossed the white cardstock and mounted it all onto Pink Pirouette cardstock.  I embossed six petite petals onto vellum cardstock and punched them out to add the final feminine touch at the bottom of the card.  As you can see, I also added some pearls on the little petals and also on the flourish.

I am going to enter this card into the challenge at AAA Cards, which is to use the photo for inspiration.  I picked out the flowers as a border.



Thanks for visiting today...keep cool!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards this week. So pleased you were inspired by the flowers on Angela's card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally rocks the challenge, I love the flourish behind the dress :) stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, your wedding card is exquisite! Your orientation is perfect for this gorgeous wedding card. Thank you so much for playing along with AAA Cards this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your white flowers are so pretty! Thanks for joining in at AAA~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Such a beautiful wedding card. Neat way of interpretation on Angela's card too. Thanks so much for playing with us. Cheers, Victoria Lavender AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!