Followers

Monday, 3 November 2014

Anything Goes at Addicted To Stamps

Hello and hope you are well and ready for a brand new week!  
November is a month of making handmade cards as I have quite a number of friends/family who are celebrating a birthday - me included!
So to kick off, I made this card for my son-in-law whose birthday is this week.  It was quick and easy to make; I gave it to him today and I was pleased when he actually noticed the 'lines' (as he called them); he thought they were a nice wee touch!  Don't you just love the little ties? 
I'm entering this card into Challenge #119 at Addicted to Stamps, where Anything Goes this week, as long as it's Clean and Simple.

(All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated)

Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Something For Baby, Good Greetings - Hostess set
Ink: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Calypso Coral
Cardstock: Whisper White, Island Indigo
Extras: Sequins, Hung Up clips, Baby's First Framelits die
Thought for the Week - Genesis 30:1

I was speaking at a Ladies' Meeting on Friday and this is the text I used - "Rachel envied her sister".
According to the book of Proverbs (and also the personal experience of many people), envy is an awful sin.  It's worse even than anger.  Proverbs 14:30 - envy is "the rottenness of the bones" and Proverbs 27:4 says that "wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?"
People do all sorts of dreadful things when they are jealous of another person.  They will ignore the other person, hurt them, turn others against them, try to outdo them and many other things that most of us couldn't even begin to imagine.  Rachel saw the relationship between herself and Leah as a competition and tried to get one up on Leah all the time, yet you would nearly think it should have been the other way round.  Rachel had so much going for her - she had the looks, the figure and the unfailing love of her husband; Leah didn't have the looks or the love of Jacob, but God had blessed her with children and that is exactly what Rachel wanted.  Nothing else mattered to her.
I hope and pray that the Lord will always keep me content with what I have and not be looking at what others have and thinking they're far better off than me.  What I have is what God has chosen to bless me with and I'm truly thankful for all my blessings.
Remember the words of 1 Timothy 6:6 - "Godliness with contentment is great gain".

Thanks for popping by today and welcome to my new follower!

3 comments:

  1. Your tie card is sheer delight; the images are absolutely lovely...I mean, handsome and striking *grin*! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet :) love those ties, thank you for sharing with ATSM !

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute!! love how you did the little hanger.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!