Followers

Saturday, 31 January 2015

Guess who's been a busy bee?!

Hello everyone! How is your Saturday going? Well, I have had a very busy week and so I thought I deserved a little treat. A new pair of shoes, you ask? No! A new dress? No! Even better...two hours relaxing in my craft room! I know, some of you are thinking, how sad, but I enjoyed it. I got quite a few cards made, just to have in case of emergencies.

So, here we go. My first card was made using the sketch at Case This Sketch, the theme word 'Birthday' at Casology and a challenge I've never done before called Case-ing the Catty which called for us to use new Designer Series Paper from the current Stampin' Up! catalogue and the Spring/Summer Occasions catalogue (you can see it if you click on the icon at the right of this blog).


The paper I used is my new Painted Blooms along with Painted Petals stamps and the sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners. I used the Bitty Banner dies and the Banner Framelits dies. Ink is Rose Red, Wild Wasabi and Blackberry Bliss.
Then I made two more versions of the same card using the same sketch by turning the paper over and using the reverse side. It's amazing how many different cards you can get from one pack of paper.



Then I made these two cards using the same sketch and colours, I just changed the sentiments around. I really like this clean and simple look, although for some reason I find it difficult to pull off!



These are for the sketch at Paper Craft Crew #129 and Colour Throwdown #327, where I used Wisteria Wonder for the purple, Summer Starfruit, Coastal Cabana and So Saffron. Stamps used were Gorgeous Grunge, Banner Blast and Pictogram Punches.

Thanks for looking today
Karen

18 comments:

  1. What lovely cards you created!! LOVE the flowers on the first one and the lovely green you used for the matting. I also like that you made a few with the same design. Your second set of cards I LOVE the clean design. Such lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet corner collage with a touch of grunge! What a sweet way to highlight the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of your card and the gorgeous DSP background. Thanks for playing along at CTC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Karen,
    these cards are sooo lovely!! It is amazing what different looks you can achieve with DSP!!! I really love the simplicity of your cards all with the right little embellishments!! Thanks for joining us at CASE-in the catty!
    Smiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards! Love "amazingly amazing" card best... and what a fun sentiment! :)
    Nina-Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, these cards are absolutely stunning! Love them all. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards- thanks for joining us at CTC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely fresh cards Karen. Thanks for the reminder about how easy it is to create different styles by simply flipping the DSP. Sometimes we make things too hard for ourselves don't we? Thanks for joining in this week at CASEing the Catty! Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty set of cards Karen. Love the Painted Blooms on the first two... the circle element with the banners and the sweet little flower look wonderful on the last card. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful collection of cards Karen! Beautiful DSP too! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! I especially love the layout on the last one with the flags! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Lovely collection of cards :) Isn't this water colour WONDERFUL!!! Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us this week at CASE-ing the Catty! Sure hope you will be back to play along again next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that SU Papers, what a lovely stack of gorgeous cards is the result!!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at CASology so glad that you did- Please stop by tomorrow too, we have another great one for you - and I hope to see you join in too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen, I love the way you've interpreted our sketch this week. What lovely colours you chose for your card, and that sentiment is awesome. Thanks so much for joining us for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, these are all so fun and wonderful! I love your takes on the CTS sketch -- those tulips and stripes are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen, I absolutely love your card for the Paper Craft Crew Sketch 129! Great colors! Thanks for Playing along with the Paper Craft Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simple but just stunning. Great job. Thank you for taking the ctc challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful set of cards! Thanks for playing with us at CTC this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!