Followers

Saturday, 24 January 2015

Two cards, Four challenges

Good evening! I've just made a couple of cards for two people who are recovering from surgery and thought they would be perfect for four challenges.

This is my first card, which I have to say I'm quite pleased with. As soon as I saw the colour palette I knew I wanted to make a card with them. The colours are bold, bright and look great together! This card is for Colour Throwdown #326 and Case This Sketch #107. I used the dies from Flower Fair Framelits, the sentiment is from Hopeful Thoughts punched with the Modern Label punch and finished off with some Brights candy dots.






Second card is this one. I'm not dying about the colours for the tulips but I had to get them to fit into the colour challenge! The two challenges here are Colour Me...Subtle #55 and Freshly Made Sketches #170. I used the Love is Kindness stamp, my chevron embossing folder, some twine and the Scallop Tag Topper punch.




Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

  1. both cards are gorgeous, fabulous job with color....WOW,

    add a little glimmer to your life..... sparkle & shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the inlaid dies for our sketch this week!
    Great job!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without a doubt one of my favourite stamps! Love how you added the texture to the background :) Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us this week at Colour Me...! We would love to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards!! Great use of the sketch and colors!! Thxs for playing at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the bright colors, and I love how you've used a tag with the second sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. The chevron embossing folder looks great as the background and I love the colors of the tulips!! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are both stunning cards Karen :) love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty use of this stamp set! I love the tulips on the tag. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty cards Karen. The color look wonderful on the first one. The tulips are beautiful on the second card. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! I love how you embedded the flowers into the card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what great cards! I especially like your take on the CTS -- that colour blocking is so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you have been blessed!